Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Escape

This is the place some people go just to escape.
It’s known for a relaxing landscape.
Everything is nice and calm.
I feel the rough grains in my palm.
Absorbing the sun on my skin.
So warm, thinking I’m feeling the light from within.
This is the best place to be.
Where people can go and be free.
Cooling off and splashing around in the cold salt water.
But when you get out you feel the weather getting hotter.
Surrounded by people tanning, swimming and playing games.
Meeting diverse people and learning new names.
Feeling the nice breeze and looking at the clear blue sky.
Seeing all the seagulls that fly by.
The sea shells ornament the shore.
Makes me want to come back more.
Taking a walk on the pier.
Letting all of your worries and thoughts disappear.
The rays of the sun kiss my skin.
I’m tan everywhere and feel the burn on my shin.
Even though my footprints in the sand lead away.
I’ll soon be back for another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment